Take a look at some of the numbers about what women contribute to our Capitalistic society and you will see that we do indeed have great power! We just don’t know it. I have a video that Women on the Fence shared on Facebook this morning and I had to go forward with it. Let me know what you think…
~ Digital Divas By The Numbers
- 22% shop online at least once a day
- 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others
- 171: average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists
- 51% are moms
- Single women are becoming a more influential category versus 10 years ago
- Women spent 80% of all sport apparel dollars and controlled 60% of all money spent on men’s clothing
Source: Mindshare/Ogilvy & Mather
~Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care~American women spend about $5 trillion annually…over half the U.S. GDP
~Women represent the majority of the online market
Women and Auto
- Women buy more than half of the new cars in the U.S., AND influence up to 80% of all car purchases.
- Women also request 65% of the service work done at dealerships.
- Women spend over $200 billion on new cars & mechanical servicing of vehicles each year.
- 45% of all light trucks and SUVs are purchased by women.Source: Women-Drivers.com, 2010 (via M2W.biz
~Women continue having poor experiences when trying to buy a car.
- 3/4 of women surveyed say they feel misunderstood by car marketers.
Source: Forbes, 2010
We (and I mean men and women) need to wake and realize that God made BOTH men and women. This all comes down to respecting each other-respecting people! How is it that we are showing “…love they neighbor…” when women are treated as objects of ownership! Something to have, use up, and throw away! If I choose (note: IT’S MY CHOICE!), to serve and let my husband lead, it NEVER means that I’m less than, or deserve to be barked at, or told what to do…on the contrary. I’m his equal in helping him decide. I as a woman see things he doesn’t AND vice versa! We are made differently…and that’s good! It’s time we learn to lean on each other not use, fight, and suppress. I have to admit, when I was young, I had this image that women…sigh-I’m embarrassed to say this btw…women should marry and not work and not hold political office and raise kids. Now, there’s nothing wrong with being a stay at home Mom and raising those little blessings-someone needs to!! My hats off to you Moms (that includes me!! 🙂 ). It’s a very tough job-24/7.
The abuse on women physically has gone up since the economy went down. It seems that when men feel they’ve lost power “out there” they take it out where they can still “win” on the woman in their lives (I do understand that this happens with men as well!). I get it. It’s “natural”-not good, natural. It’s also wrong. Women, get help. DON’T STAY SILENT! Men, Please go talk with someone! Before you do something really stupid, like hurt the one you love.
If You Need Help–Get Some! Info Below: These are also places where you can donate!