You wanted to know, so here it is…a day in my eating life! Keep in mind that I burn off about 2200-2500 calories a day. I’m 5’9″ and weigh 154… I let you know this because you need to become mindful of how much you metabolize and become mindful of how much you consume and with what combinations. The higher your muscle % in your body, the faster you metabolize. Muscle doesn’t really go dormant. So, you can be sleeping and burning calories at a much faster rate than if you have a higher body fat %!! (Note to ladies: this is why the men in your life can typically lose much much quicker than you! Woman are typically built with a higher BF% for the whole baby thing!! It’s VERY important that we start involving ourselves in some weight resistant training or WEIGHT LIFTING. It’s GOOD for us!! More muscle to protect our bodies and burn up those calories. Also, gives us stronger bones!! So, go pick up something heavy and repeat that process!! 🙂 Personally, I say NO CARDIO until you’ve done weight training at least 30 min 3x’s a week! Plyometric training is a whole different animal!! See Lifted and Dimple free Bum or Great Sexy Arms! Both great at home work outs!)
Here’s Yesterday’s Meals:
- Protein drink-2 scoops (40g protein)
- 1 6oz glass OJ w/ fiber & 1000mg Vit C – took vitamin pack w/ this.
Hubby and I went out to eat after running around. Being on a diet of any kind makes going out tough! the waitress looked at us funny when we ordered extra eggs and no hash browns and no butter and “can we add some salsa to the mix?” She especially looked at me funny and asked; “Are you going to be able to eat all that??” hahahaha… we just have fun with it! We found out later that she had egg whites available!! OMG!! Next time I’ll know! Don’t be afraid to ask for something that isn’t on the menu! Just to give you an idea about what I need and what he needs here are the pictures…
- 4 eggs
- 4oz steak
- 1/2 tomatoe sliced
- Whole Wheat whole grain (homemade!!!) toast. (I savored this a bit because I’m not suppose to be eating it at this point heading toward the competition!! YUM!)
- 3 glasses of water! I was thirsty!
We were a bit behind with this one but got it in!
A Spinach Salad w/ Tuna and Veggies
- 1 cup Spinach
- Sliced Onion
- Sliced Red Pepper
- 1/2 Apple sliced
- 3-4 Baby Carrots
- Sliced Tomato
- 1/2 cup Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sunflower Seeds
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Cracked Peppercorn
1 cup Orange Peoke tea…plain
Protein Shake-2 Scoops added fiber
6oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt (this one was bland for me. I can’t add anything at this point, but I like to add wild blueberries and a tsp of granola!! YUM!)
Typically, I have 6 meals. One more would have been an apple or piece of fruit with some almonds or the like. Today, was a short day. And I just couldn’t get it in time wise! As with any Meal alterations that you have to do to reach the goals you’ve set for yourself, it’s important to remember two things:
1. ALWAYS have a plan. If you have a plan and prepare for it, you are much more likely to succeed!!
2. ALL of us mess up the plan a bit! Even with the best plan and intentions, things come up and we don’t do as well as we should. Remember to just give it your best (like when we went out to eat!!) and don’t be so hard on yourself!! The next meal is in a few hours and you get a chance yet again to get it right! Get right back up on you plan and make it work!
Have a blessed day!!