Here’s the deal:
for my Husband…
for my kids!!!!
If I don’t have it in the house, I won’t eat it!
Chips…nope! Refined sugar…None! White flour…I don’t buy it! (neither do I buy the white wheat stuff–both are refined!)
Enough of the negative! Let’s talk about what I DO buy! I think that’s more productive anyhow! I want to make these as much Organic as I can get. Organic with the way that it is grown is just has more nutrients. It has to do with thee soil! Natural Composting and giving soil a ‘rest’ just adds to the nutrients that the roots soak up…so when you have a choice, go organic. I also want Fresh fruits and Veggies that ideally didn’t travel half-way across the country or world to get to me! Step outside of the city and go enjoy a farmers market or some local produce!! it’s the freshest and it too has more nutrients!! When in doubt, ask your produce manager at the store that you shop at where your fruits and veggies came from and how long it took to get to their shelves! It matters…YES…it does!! If you’re going to go to all the trouble of getting healthy, you might as well get the most out of your purchase!!
Here’s my Go To list:
- Fresh fruit
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Veggies
- Fish (Tuna, Salmon, Tilapia…)
- Lean meats (90% or above!)
- Organic Mixed Spring Mix
- Organic Spinach
- Natural Nut Butters
- Homemade Fresh Fruit Jams (I prefer to make my own–again…go to the farmers market!)
- Stevia (A natural sweetener made from plants!! ZERO calories!!)
- Organic Teas (green, black, chai)
- Chai Soy Milk (I just love this stuff)
- Naked Juices
- Bottled water…I like this handy!
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Whine Vinegar
- LOTS of seasonings (including cayenne pepper)
- 1% Milk
- Frozen Fruit (gotta have smoothies!!)
- Older bruised up bananas (to freeze…for smoothies!!)
- Onions (Red and Yellow)
- Garlic (our homes best friend!!)
- Greek Yogurt (I use instead of mayo!)
- Dijon mustard (I don’t know why but I buy this if I need it or not! I must have a year supply in my house!! lol)
- Chicken Breast-family packs…lots of family packs!
- Farm fresh eggs…Although I do have hens that take care of this for me in the Spring/Summer/Fall-Yes I have chickens! lol
- Whole grain Organic Oats
- Quinoa Flour
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Coconut Flour
- Flax Seed (whole and ground)
- Sunflower Seeds
I know there’s more, but you get the idea for now! Here’s some pictures just for you!
Happy Shopping!! ~Pamela